Troubleshooting the Publisher for Rhapsody™
Some Logging and Debugging services are available with Publisher for Rhapsody™ in order to enable the user to be able
to actively identify problem and to be able to guide the support team without revealing internal details.
Before entering a bug on our customer support, it is necessary to check if the problem has not already been documented:
- Known problems and solutions can be found in Frequently asked questions (FAQ) section.
- Problems concerning the performance and memory usage are described in the Installation Recommendations for Performance page.
- Compatibility between tools have been adressed in the Prerequisites page.
Rhapsody and Java must be 64 bits, to be compatible with Publisher for Rhapsody.
- Only one Rhapsody must be running on the client machine.
- Before running on your own model, verify your installation on one of the IBM Rhapsody sample provided with Rhapsody.
If the publisher is not working for the sample, it is quite possible that there is a problem with your installation. In that case, provide to the support team:
- The Rhapsody version.
- The Publisher for Rhapsody version.
- The java version.
- Provide sanitized logs (Detailed and Sanitized Logs) to the support team.
- Provide error logs (Publisher Eclipse Log) to the support team.
- If the Publisher seems to loop indefinitely, provide JStack logs and the generated obfuscated xmi file (Obfuscated Rhapsody Model) to the support team.