JStack is provided by Oracle JDK 1.8 or higher.
Ensure to have an Oracle JDK 1.8 or higher.
- Update "publisher.ini" file to ensure it is using a compatible JDK, by adding/updating -vm line just before -vmargs. For example:
- "-vm" value should reflect the path to your JDK.
- If there are spaces in your JDK path, use "/" and not "\" in the path.
- You will need administrator rights to update "publisher.ini", if the Publisher for Rhapsody has been installed in default folder "c:\Program Files\"
- Launch Publisher for Rhapsody and run the Rhapsody SysML to MagicDraw SysML service until freeze.
- Get the Publisher Process PID:
- Launch Windows Task Manager by typing "Task Manager" in the Windows search bar.
Windows Task Manager can also be run by right-clicking on bottom task bar.
- Search for Publisher for Rhapsody process, Right-click and Select Go to details.
- Note the PID of the Publisher process (which is, as you can see a javaw.exe process).
Below a, example, your PID must be different.
- Launch JStack.
- Using an explorer, go to the JDK path, into bin:
- In the address bar, type “cmd” then hit Enter:
- It will open a shell inside this directory:
- Type jstack -F <PID> in the command prompt
PID is the number noted in previous step.
- The content can also be written in a file with the following command fstack -F PID > filepath, with filepath, a file path having user writing rights:
- Provide the logs to the support team