Installation using the RXFActivator
The installation of an ARXF-CP by SodiusWillert requires you to already
have the modeling tool Rhapsody installed.
A release of an ARXF-CP is delivered as ZIP-Archive. It contains all
framework files and the related tools, samples and documentation. You
should select a destination folder to unzip it where your user account
has read and write access.
the ZIP has been extracted, the framework is ready to be used.
But in most cases Rhapdody needs to be prepared to work together with the ARXF-CP. The ARXF-CP comes with
a small tool called RXFActivator, that performs the Rhapsody ARXF-CP integration for you.
the extracted ARXF-CP folder execute RXFActivator.exe, it will ask for
administrator rights that are needed e.g. to write to the registry. It
is a console application that will list all Rhapsody installations
found on your machine. All those Rhapsody versions can afterwards be
used with the ARXF-CP. The program can be exited by pressing any key after it has
Moving the RXF Folder and Installing new Rhapsody Versions
You can move the RXF folder to any other location with read and write
access, there is no need to re-execute the RXFActivator.
But you need to re-execute it after a new Rhapsody version has been installed.
Possible Problems During Setup
If you experience any problems, please first check the following possible solutions:
- Make sure you have the necessary read/write access privileges in the ARXF-CP and Rhapsody directories.
- Make sure you have enough disk space available.
- Only Windows 7 and Windows 10 are supported operating systems.
- If you want to place the ARXF-CP on a "subst" mapped drive or on a network
drive, please make sure that the administrator account, executing the
RXFActivator sees the path to the ARXF-CP the same way your user sees it.
- Sometimes long path names may cause problems. If RXFActivator failed, you may retry it after
moving all ARXF-CP files to a directory on your local drive with shorter paths (e.g. "C:\SodiusWillert\") and
launching RXFActivator.exe from there again.
- If the RXFActivator experiences problems, it shall print warning or error messages.
If you need further help, please include the console output
of the RXFActivator and send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Uninstalling the ARXF-CP
Basically all you need to do to uninstall the ARXF-CP is to delete its folder.
Regarding the Rhapsody modifications the RXFActivator also performs, usually
there is no need to undo it. However if you completely removed all RXFs
from your computer you can follow the following steps to make sure the
ARXF-CP does not leave modifications in the Rhapsody installation:
- In your Rhapsody "Share\Settings" or "UserShare\Settings" folder you shall find the subfolders
"CodeCentric_Original" and "SoftwareArchitect_Original". If that is the
case, you may:
- delete the subfolders "CodeCentric" and "SoftwareArchitect" and
- rename subfolder "CodeCentric_Original" to "CodeCentric" and
- rename subfolder "SoftwareArchitect_Original" to "SoftwareArchitect"
- In your Rhapsody "Share\Properties" or "UserShare\Properties" folder edit the file Site<Language>.prp
- If it contains an environment enumeration literal "WillertRXF" you may remove it, including the following comma (",").
Bringing the ARXF-CP under Configuration Management
See Software Configuration Management page.