Using Connector on CLM Application
This guide section is aimed for CLM Application users; it assumes the reader is familiar
with general use of the application. The process to create Collaboration Links can vary from one CLM Application to another;
however, differences are only on how to start such process because once you reach the selection or creation dialog, the behavior within these dialogs is the same.
Here is the process to start the selection/creation dialog:
- Select the artifact you want to link.
- Look up for the links section and select the option to add a new one.
- On the adding dialog or page, select one of the available link types 
- In the target project field, look up and select the associated Jira project .
- As soon as you select the project , a pop-up window will appear . If you hadn't previously started a Jira session
in the same browser, the new window will show you the Jira login page and you must continue with this step, otherwise please go to the next one .
The login page is here to complete the user authentication process, please provide valid user credentials .
- What happens after the user authentication process (or if you had already started a session in other browser's tab) depends on whether the CLM Application consumer was configured in
Jira as trusted or not. If it is configured as trusted, the only thing you need to do is to ignore the blank page that will be displayed for a few milliseconds,
and then you can go to the next step; otherwise, you will see the
Authorize Application page which is a last confirmation to allow the CLM Application accessing Jira information on behalf of the user you used to login .
Allow button and then close the pop-up window when indicated if it is not closed automatically.
- Back on the adding dialog or page, you must have options to select between :
Once the Collaboration Link is created, the process to remove it is the same as for other kind of links:
- In links section, approach the mouse over the link to remove; the CLM Application must provide a way to remove the link,
it could be a delete icon or a contextual menu with such an option.
- Click or select the option provided by the CLM Application to remove the link.
- If a confirmation dialog is displayed, confirm your decision to remove such link.
If everything went as planned, the dialog will be closed, the link will be removed from the system and it will no longer appear in the links section.
If, on the other hand, you see any kind of error message, please contact your administrator in order to check the license validity of OSLC Connect for Jira,
or any other issue before continuing. At this point, the safest is to cancel the process and wait for a resolution.