New and noteworthy
Review import previews
- New preview feature to understand which comments will be created or not, and why.
Sync with LDAP
- New sync with LDAP action for authorized users to retrieve updated users information from the LDAP.
Improved contextual help
- Each page of the application can now provide links to several documentation pages.
- Can see the title and the category of the relevant documentation before opening the link.
Design page notifications
- Information notification to help the user with resuming his work on the design.
- One link to the last comment created by the user.
- One link to the most recent visited resource.
- Warning notification to remind the user of his incomplete review objectives on the current design.
- Preferences menu available from the user dropdown menu in the banner.
- Ability for each user to enable/disable review notifications on the design pages.
- Ability to display the comments tab first instead of properties, in the resource details pane.
- Metrics available right in the discussion pane.
- Markers of either comments or findings counts inside the design.
- Filtering resources to those with a comment or a finding.
Comments and findings
- Comments and findings now displayed in order of appearance in WORD/PDF/Powerpoint designs.
- Duplicate a comment from one review to another.
- Major update to the global search feature now available inside designs and reviews.
- Simple text search for either resources, comments or findings.
- Search results are ordered by appearance in the Design.
- Next / previous icon for easy navigation among search results.
- DOORS search still available there as "Advanced search".
- Enable/disable toggle for notification templates in the project administration.
- New types of triggers to set on Notifications
- When a comment is replied to
- When a comment is edited
- When a comment is removed
- Consolidation's messages now available for review in the design's list page.
- Better representation of DOORS attributes, which may require a republish.
- Enhanced Rhapsody publisher for better performance.
Resource attributes: fix translations for true/false values.
Traceability table: queries can now properly rely on previous columns.
Web reports: the reports list displayed reports as many times as their number of chapters.
BIRT reports: generating a BIRT report of designs having their containers being listed in the resources tree was failing
The list of known issues can be found on the known issues page.
Upgrading from version 4.1.x requires a migration.
Before this migration, backup the following:
- After the application server is shut down, SECollab's workspace folder.
Then, follow the instructions in section Updating SECollab.