Installing the OSLC Connect for Windchill Extensions to Windchill
These procedures extend Windchill so that the Windchill user is presented with additional Windchill User
Interface elements that expose controls and forms for the consumption of OSLC information from configured OSLC
Providers. The procedures also manually configure Windchill with new properties to store relationships with
chosen OSLC Providers.
- Deploy OSLC Connect for Windchill WAR to its server and servlet web application server
- doing this first makes the Connector’s online help available and publishes the URL to obtain
and download the
- Confirm that Windchill itself is installed and is operational.
- Visit a URL like
http://windchill.acme.com/Windchill/app in a web browser.
- Log into the Windchill server as an Administrator and as a Windchill Administrator
- use a terminal session that supports graphic display (e.g. native desktop hardware, RDP, VNC, or X
- Browse to the installation directory of PTC Windchill
- For Windows, this resembles:
- For Linux, this resembles:
- run Windchill Shell with command
- Web browse to download the extensions for Windchill from the OSLC Connect for Windchill web application
- Copy the zipfile
windchill_resources.zip to a temporary staging directory, for example
- Unzip the Windchill Resources Zip file
- A default property file named
extension.properties is at the same level as the unzipped files.
This property file contains default value of needed properties for extension to install.
The needed properties are the identifier of database, the path to the Windchill install and the url
of OSLC Connect for Windchill.
You must change the values by editing the file
wt.db.id is the identifier of the database
wt.db.type is the type of the database:
oracle for Oracle, or
sqlserver for SQL Server
wt.install.dir is the path to the root directory of Windchill install (example :
application.url is the URL where you deployed the OSLC Connect for Windchill WAR file. (example :
windchill.contextPath is the context path inside the Windchill URL. (example :
Windchill for URL
- Stop the Windchill service
- Run the Ant script to install the OSLC Connect for Windchill Extension
ant -f extensionInstall.xml
- The Ant script asks input arguments in addition to file
db-username is the Windchill user login to the database
db-password is the password matching the Windchill user login to the database
- Wait for the script to:
- copy files to the installed Windchill directories
- copy the config file that exposes the
/oslc-connect url to Windchill Apache HTTPServer
- update the Windchill SQL database with the new tables
- run the Windchill
xconfmanager properties propagation task
- Carefully monitor execution of the script and capture any failure messages
- As the extension contains custom Windchill action files, be aware that other preceding custom Windchill action files could conflict with the ones from the extension. In that case follow the procedure in
Resolve OSLC Connect action model conflicts.
- As the extension contains a configuration file for the Apache HTTPServer, be aware that the Ant script won't install the file if the Apache HTTPServer is not on the same machine as Windchill. In that case this file must be deployed manually.
See the Check the deployment of the OSLC Connect for Windchill Extension page to locate the destination folder.
- Start the Windchill service, and restart the Apache HTTPServer
When the script runs successfully, this completes deployment of the extension.
Follow our guides to Check the deployment of the OSLC Connect for Windchill Extension,
and to fix SodiusWillert extensions deployment with database errors.