Installing the OSLC Connect for Windchill Extensions to Windchill
These procedures extend Windchill so that the Windchill user is presented with additional Windchill User
Interface elements that expose controls and forms for the consumption of OSLC information from configured OSLC
Providers. The procedures also manually configure Windchill with new properties to store relationships with
chosen OSLC Providers.
- Deploy OSLC Connect for Windchill WAR to its server and servlet web application server
- doing this first makes the Connector’s online help available and publishes the URL to obtain
and download the
- Confirm that Windchill itself is installed and is operational.
- Visit a URL like
http://windchill.acme.com/Windchill/app in a web browser.
- Log into the Windchill server as an Administrator and as a Windchill Administrator
- use a terminal session that supports graphic display (e.g. native desktop hardware, RDP, VNC, or X
- Browse to the installation directory of PTC Windchill
- For Windows, this resembles:
- For Unix, this resemblers:
- run Windchill Shell with
- Web browse to download the extensions for Windchill from the OSLC Connect for Windchill servlet
- Copy the zipfile
windchill_resources.zip to a temporary staging directory, for example
- Unzip the Windchill Resources Zip file
- A default property file extension.properties is at the same level as the unzipped files.
This property file contains default value of needed properties for extension to install.
The needed properties are the login, password and identifier of database, the path to the Windchill install and the url
of OSLC Connect for Windchill.
You must change the values by editing the file extension.properties.
wt.db.login is the admin login to the database
wt.db.password is the password matching the admin login to the database
wt.db.id is the identifier of the database
wt.install.dir is the path to the root directory of Windchill install (example :
application.url is the url to OSLC Connect for Windchill. (example :
- The application.url parameter must be the same URL as where you deployed the OSLC Connect for Windchill WAR file
- Stop the Windchill service
- Run the Ant script to install the Sodius Windchill Extensions
ant -f extensionInstall.xml
- Wait for the script to:
- copy files to the installed Windchill directories
- update the Windchill SQL database with the new tables
- run the Windchill xconfmanager properties propagation task
- Carefully monitor execution of the script and capture any failure messages
- Start the Windchill service
When the script runs successfully, this completes deployment of the extension.
Any trouble? Follow our guides to check the deployment of the Sodius extensions for PTC Windchill and to fix Sodius extensions deployment with database errors.