How to display the external AUTOSAR MDW Metamodels within Eclipse.
This page explains how to install and use AUTOSAR Metamodel into Eclipse.
1. Eclipse and MDWorbench installation
2. Install AUTOSAR MDW plugins
- Copy AUTOSAR plugins in dropins folder
- AUTOSAR plugins are located in the Rhapsody installation: C:\Program Files\IBM\Rhapsody\X.X.X\Share\Profiles\AUTOSAR\AutosarXMLforRhapsody\bin\lib
- copy "Share\Profiles\AUTOSAR\AutosarXMLforRhapsody\bin\lib\com.ibm.rational.rhapsody.metamodel.autosar.io.xml_1.0.0.jar"
- copy for example
- Launch/Restart eclipse
Once Eclipse has restarted, click on “Window | Perspective | Open perspective | Other“ and select “Rules Development“:
At the bottom left, the view “Models“ is now available
To display the AUTOSAR metamodel, double click on the metamodel you have copied in the “dropins” folder:
4. Read ARXML file
Go to the View “Models“, and right-click on the metamodel of your choice:
Click on “Open Model“, select in the dialog window the reader connector “AUTOSAR-XML“, and then, select the ARXML file to read:
- Click on “Finish”. The model view of the ARXML is displayed:
- The model view can be used to navigate the model but also to modify the model
5. Write ARXML file
- To write the model into an ARXML file, you have to use the writer connector “AUTOSAR-XML“:
Click on “File | Save as“, select in the dialog window the writer connector “AUTOSAR-XML“, and then, select the path where to write ARXML file:
- Click on “Finish“