Roundtrip Model Elements to Polarion
This guide provides instructions for roundtripping Model Elements from Rhapsody to Polarion using ReqXChanger.
Create Traceability Links in Rhapsody
From Rhapsody, links can be created from Model Elements to Requirements using Dependencies.
This can be performed in a Model browser or inside Diagrams.
In addition, Stereotypes can be applied to the Dependencies to distinguish different kinds of links.
Any Model Elements like Use Cases, Classes, Operations, Attributes, States, and Diagrams can be linked to Requirements.
Furthermore, indirect links can be created, for instance between a Test case and a Class, which has a Dependency to a Requirement.
Roundtrip Model Elements
Information about all Model Elements, which have a Dependency on a Requirement, can be transferred to Polarion.
To roundtrip Model Elements:
This is also valid for Diagrams that are linked to Requirements.
- From ReqXChanger, select the roundtrip mode by clicking the button at the bottom left of the interface:
- From ReqXChanger, run the roundtrip mode by clicking the Read, add Links and Write button:
This will create a connection with Rhapsody, to create a ReqIF File to import into Polarion.
Import Model Elements into Polarion
To import Model Elements:
Links between System Requirements and Model Elements are added in Polarion:
- From your Polarion Document, select the Action button.
- Select ReqIF Round-trip > Import Changes.
- Select the roundtrip reqifz file created by ReqXChanger.
It is located in the same folder as the ReqIf file used to import Requirements, and is called "xxx_RXCRoundtrip.reqifz".
- From the Import File Page, Select the Rhapsody Elements checkboxes:
- Click Next.
- Map Document types and attributes to Polarion Work Items types and fields:
- System Requirement -> System Requirement
- Heading -> System Requirement
- RXC Software Artefact Type -> UML Element
- Artefact_Path -> Artefact_Path
- Artefact_Type -> Artefact_Type
- Relations -> Linked Work Items
- Dependency trace -> trace
- ReqIF.ChapterName -> Title
- ReqIF.ForeignID -> Artefact_ID
- ReqIF.Text -> Description
- Spec Object Type -> Artefact_Type
- Select Start Import.
According to the configuration you have made importing Model Elements, Rhapsody Model Elements are imported in Polarion: