Roundtrip Model Elements to Polarion
This guide provides instructions for roundtripping Model Elements from Enterprise Architect to DOORS using ReqXChanger.
Create Traceability Links in Enterprise Architect
From Enterprise Architect, links can be created from Model Elements to Requirements using Dependencies.
This can be performed in a Model browser or inside Diagrams.
In addition, Stereotypes can be applied to the Dependencies to distinguish different kinds of links.
Any Model Elements like Use Cases, Classes, Operations, Attributes, States and Diagrams can be linked to Requirements.
Furthermore, indirect links can be created, for instance between a Test case and a Class, which has a Dependency to a Requirement.
Roundtrip Model Elements
Information about all Model Elements, which have a Dependency to a Requirement, can be transferred to Polarion.
To roundtrip Model Elements:
This is also valid for Diagrams that are linked to Requirements.
- From ReqXChanger, select the roundtrip mode by clicking the button at the bottom left of the interface:
- From ReqXChanger, run the roundtrip mode by clicking the Read, add Links and Write button:
This will create a connection with Enterprise Architect, to create a ReqIF File to import into Polarion.
Import Model Elements into Polarion
To import Model Elements:
Links between System Requirements and Model Elements are added in Polarion:
- From your Polarion Document, select the Action button.
- Select ReqIF Round-trip > Import Changes.
- Select the roundrip reqifz file created by ReqXChanger.
It is located in the same folder than the ReqIf file used to import Requirements, and called "xxx_RXCRoundtrip.reqifz".
- From the Import File Page, Select the EA Elements checkboxes:
- Click Next.
- Map Document types and attributes to Polarion Work Items types and fields:
- System Requirement -> System Requirement
- RXC Software Artefact Type -> UML Element
- Artefact_Path -> Artefact_Path
- Artefact_Type -> Artefact_Type
- Relations -> Linked Work Items
- Dependency trace -> trace
- ReqIF.ChapterName -> Title
- ReqIF.ForeignID -> Artefact_ID
- ReqIF.Text -> Description
- Spec Object Type -> Artefact_Type
- Select Start Import.
According to the configuration you have made importing Model Elements, Enterpriser Architect Model Elements are imported in Polarion: