Creating a Windchill artifact before linking to it
Continuing with the steps defined on the parent topic...
- Select the option to create an artifact before linking to it.
- An artifact creation dialog will be displayed.
- Choose which type of artifact you want to create: Change Request, Change Notice or Problem Report.
- If applicable, depending on your Windchill data model customizations, you can choose which sub-type of artifact you want to create.
- Fill in the values for your artifact attributes. All required attributes must have a value for the
Submit button to be enabled.
- If an attribute is not supported in the creation dialog (e.g: Object Reference), it will be grayed out. You can complete the creation with the dialog and
edit the attribute later with the Windchill native editor.
- To confirm the creation, click on the
Submit button at the bottom of the page.