OSLC Connect for Windchill license is a file with a
lic extension that must be provided along with the product when it was acquired or a demo is requested.
It needs to be the first thing you configure after the installation because it is required to configure everything else.
Here are the steps to configure the license:
If everything went ok, the
- Go to the
OSLC Connect > License administration page.
- Below Updated New License field, click on the
Browse ... button.
- Use the opened dialog to locate and select the license file from your file system.
- Once the file is selected and the dialog is closed, click on the
Features area will be updated to display the current status of each feature according to the uploaded license. The available features are:
All license files come with at least one feature granted which provides general access/use to the app.
Missing feature can be acquired separately if required . When a feature is granted, you will see the message:
- OSLC Connect for Windchill - Standard
- Provides general access to this app. Links to Windchill artifacts can be made with a monolithic Windchill installation.
- OSLC Connect for Windchill - Cluster
- Provides general access to this app. Links to Windchill artifacts can be made with a cluster Windchill installation.
This feature is granted
in the corresponding feature area; otherwise, you will see the corresponding error/restriction message and app users will still be able to navigate to the corresponding feature pages ,
but they won't be able to change/create anything, an error message will constantly remind them the license/feature issue.
Configuring the license must be considered as a prerequisite for all other configurations.