Configuring Global Configuration Management (GCM) with a Windchill local configuration
If a Windchill product administrator has enabled Configuration Management and has
created a Local Configuration on the product, this configuration can be added to a
Global Configuration within the GCM application.
To add a Windchill Local Configuration to a Global Configuration:
- Open the CLM Global Configuration Management (GCM) application.
- Make sure that GCM and Windchill are friends with each other.
- Open your GCM project area administration page, and make sure that a "Uses - Configurations" association to the Windchill
product has been configured.
- In GCM, navigate to the desired Component and Global Configuration.
- Click on
Windchill - Product Lifecycle Management to open the selection dialog.
- In the selection dialog, select the Windchill product to choose a configuration from. You can then filter the configuration by type and by name,
select one and click on
The selected configuration is now participating to the current Global Configuration. It is now possible to create or display collaboration links
between CLM artifacts and Windchill Parts that participate to this GC.
- While technically possible, it is strongly advised to never add more than one configuration of the same Windchill product in any given
Global Configuration. Doing so is called creating a Component Skew, and will result in Windchill
resolving Parts with any of the configurations of the same product in the GC. There is no guarantee about which configuration will be used.
- OSLC Connect for Windchill does not support automatically creating an OSLC Baseline from an existing
OSLC Stream. That means, if you want to create a GC Baseline that contains a Windchill
Local Configuration, this configuration has to be an OSLC Baseline, manually created from the product administration page.