Deploying a metamodel
To deploy a metamodel:
- Click File > Export....
- Select Deployable Plug-ins and fragments and click Next.
- Select your plugin (e.g. com.sodius.mdw.example.library) in the plugin list.
- Select Directory, in the Destination group.
- Type the path of an MDWorkbench installation base directory and click Finish.
- Restart MDWorkbench, the metamodel is now available in the environment.
Metamodels are EMF-based (http://www.eclipse.org/emf).
Please note that EMF is ascending compatible only: metamodels created and compiled with a certain version of Eclipse are not compatible with lower versions.