Installing the Rational Software Architect Diagram Exporter
To export the Rational Software Architect model with graphical information, an update is required to be installed into Rational Software Architect. The update is packaged as a zipped file, and is named com.sodius.rsa.export.diagram.updatesite.zip.
This file is part of the MagicDraw Publisher for Rational Software Architect, and is located in the Rational Software Architect folder.
Special Note - if you have previously installed an older version of the Rational Software Architect Diagram Exporter, you will need to uninstall the older version first. Please see the Uninstalling Rational Software Architect Diagram Exporter section in this document.
Installing Rational Software Architect Diagram Exporter
To install the updated Rational Software Architect Diagram Exporter, follow these steps:
- Open Rational Software Architect
- Menu Help > Install New Software... as shown below:
- Next, you will see an Install window. Click the Add... button as shown below:
- You will see an Add Repository window. Click the Archive... button as shown below:
- A Repository Archive window will open. You will need to navigate to the Publisher installation directory,
and then look inside the Rational Software Architect folder. Select the com.sodius.rsa.export.diagram.updatesite.zip file,
and then click on the Open button as shown below:
- You will return to the Add Repository window with the populated new archive line pointing at the new
com.sodius.rsa.export.diagram.updatesite.zip file. Select the OK button to start the installation as shown below:
- Next you return to the Install window. Select the check box next to the MDAccess for
Rational Software Architect and then click the Next button to continue, as shown below:
- Confirm the installation by clicking the Next button one more time.
- Select I accept the terms of the license agreement and click the Finish button.
- Restart Rational Software Architect