Modeling Guidelines for SysML Block Definition Diagram
A Block Definition Diagram is based on the UML class diagram, with restrictions and extensions as defined by SysML.
The Block Definition Diagram in SysML defines features of Blocks and relationships between Blocks such as
Associations, Generalizations, and Dependencies. It captures the definition of Blocks in terms of Properties and Operations,
and Relationships such as a system hierarchy or a system classification tree.
OMG Systems Modeling Language (OMG SysML™) Version 1.6.
The following guidelines apply:
<< Satisfy >> Dependency to a Problem is transformed by the publisher as an Anchor to a Note as shown in the figure below.
- The following ownership rules apply in the target tool:
- The Parts have to be owned by a Block
- The Constraint properties in the diagram have to be owned by the same Block
- The Properties in the diagram have to be owned by the Block
- Compatibility If ports are connected via Connector, both port types must be compatible and the connector ends need to be defined.
- Red Connector Lines
- When red connector lines are shown in the published model you can right click on the “x” and select “Update Connector Ends” from the menu.
- Connection errors may also exist in Rhapsody prior to publish. Ensure the Connectors have defined Ends prior to publish.
- The SysML interpretation by Rhapsody of the two end point association, results in the secondary tag not being connected by the target tool.
- MagicDraw provides a Warning when the GraphEdge is not in the same direction as the Semantic Connector