New and noteworthy
This release introduces Configuration Management. With this comes:
- importing a new version of an existing design
- tracking the various versions of a design
- viewing the differences between two subsequent versions of a design
- managing configurations - streams and baselines
Resources created while importing a Word document are now requirements, unlike the architecture resources they used to be in version 1.x.
As such, any migrated Word design from version 1.x may display some unexpected behavior. We encourage you to import again those document on this new release.
Previews and JAS
When Jazz is set up with JAS, Jazz won't be able to retrieve SECollab previews. When trying to connect to see the preview, the browser will mention an invalid response.
On Enterprise Architect diagrams publication, if the element the most on the top and/or the most on the left of the diagram is a label, there may be an offset between the clickable areas and the picture of the diagram.
Reviews import and export
The functionality has been disabled and will come back in a future release.
This version requires going through a migration. To start this migration:
activate all the projects containing SECollab data
- if running on the Jazz platform, projects must be enabled in order to be migrated
- it will not be possible to use a SECollab project after the migration if it was not active
back up your data
- if running on the Jazz platform, proceed with the backup of Jazz' data and indexes as per the tool documentation
- while your application server is shut down, copy (or zip) the workspace folder that is used by SECollab
make sure you have sufficient disk space and memory
- during the migration process, the storage space used for SECollab resources will double
- during the migration process, memory usage tends to go higher than normal; we recommend you give at least 4Gb of memory to your application server
deploy the latest version of SECollab
start the migration process
- start your application server
- head to https://secollab.acme.com/secollab/setup in your browser
- connect using administrator credentials
- read and be careful to understand the implications of starting the migration
- agree to the migration notice
- start the migration
- once the migration is done, head over to https://secollab.acme.com/secollab/