Creating collaborative links
A collaborative link connects a SECollab resource to an external resource (for example, an IBM Rational Team Concert CCM workitem) or to another
SECollab resource, via a standard link defined by the OSLC specification.
This also connects two SECollab resources via a custom link type (see section Creating custom link types).
To create a collaborative link:
- On the resource page, click the Add button in the Links tab.
- Select the type of link to create (for example Elaborate).
- Select the action to be triggered, either to create a new target resource or to select an existing resource.
- Select a dialog box to use to create or search for a resource.
- Fill in the fields expected by the selected dialog box to create or search for a resource.
- Click on OK to validate the creation of the link to the created resource or to the existing resource selected.
Here's how to create a link:
- If the link type is bidirectional, the reverse link is created first from the target resource.
- If an error occurs when updating the target resource, a dialog box can be used to cancel the operation or update the link only one way.
- Finally, the collaborative link is created from the source to the target resource.
The modeling and collaborative links of a resource can be visually explored in a graph.
For more details, see the section Exploring a resource graph