Consolidation of design links
On the Designs tab of a project area, the project leader can click the Consolidate Links drop-down menu in a design.
This operation allows to analyze two published designs and to trace between them existing links in the original author's tools.
A consolidation operation runs in the background. Its execution is visible in the Activities tab.
The operation produces an execution log which makes it possible to find information about the reconciled links.
Consolidating DOORS - System Architect
The following prerequisites must be respected in order to execute the DOORS - System Architect consolidation:
- System Architect elements have been projected in a DOORS module.
- These DOORS elements representing System Architect elements are linked to DOORS requirements, to manage traceability between architectural elements and requirements;
- The DOORS modules (Requirements and Module representing the System Architect elements) have been published in the same design.
- The System Architect encyclopedia was published in a design.
The consolidation operation between the DOORS and System Architect designs makes it possible to find the published System Architect element corresponding to each DOORS requirement and to recreate a link between the resources concerned.
Consolidating DOORS - MEGA
The following prerequisites must be respected in order to execute the DOORS - MEGA consolidation:
- MEGA elements have been referenced in a DOORS module using the Absolute Identifiers.
- The DOORS design and the System Architect design are published in the same project.
- The custom collaborative links used for the consolidation need to be created in the project administration.
To run the consolidation you have to:
- Select the DOORS <-> MEGA Links consolidator in the drop-down menu.
- Select the DOORS and MEGA designs.
You can then select a DOORS Module and specific View, the column that references the MEGA absolute identifiers, and the custom collaborative link to use for the creation of the link. Then click Add to validate your choice.
You can repeat the operation to create several types of link depending on the selected Formal module, the View or the Attribute.
- Click OK to start the consolidation.
The consolidation operation between the DOORS and MEGA designs makes it possible to find the published MEGA element corresponding to each DOORS object referencing a MEGA identifier, and to create a link between the related resources.