The migration tool expects some minimum capabilities in your environment.
- IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Family (formerly IBM Rational DOORS), from version 9.6.x to 9.7.
- IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next (formerly IBM Rational DOORS Next Generation), from version 6.0.5 to 7.0.1
- Java 8+ (64-bit)
- DOORS Client Local on your migration machine
- ELM Admin access to configure migration tool consumer access
- DOORS Next Configured with Configuration Management turned on
- User Id on DOORS to read modules
- User Id on DOORS Next to create components, streams, modules, and artifacts.
- Microsoft Excel to Configure migration files
The DOORS Client software must be installed on the migration machine. The connection to DOORS is done using DOORS COM automation.
The user must manually open and login to the DOORS Client before executing the migration toolkit.